Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fredericksburg

Ohh, woe is me. What a sickly Saturday it's been. The sad part is I don't even know what's wrong! A cold? Mega allergies? All in my head? (playing about the last part. the tissues can prove that false.)

I did, however, go ahead and resize pictures to show everyone what last weekend looked liked for me. Enjoy!

Here we are, below, at the Fredericksburg Brewing Co. Matt loved their beer, of course, and  I, of course, had wine. Delicious. Four glasses A few glasses later I was passed out so relaxed once we got back to our room.

The next day, Saturday, we went to the Herb Farm for lunch. Delicious food! Here we are, posing, at the table.

After lunch we were able to walk around. They had a little organic store, a garden/herb area, etc. A random swing on a huge tree that was secured at the top with chains? I couldn't resist.

The next are a few shots from the Herb Farm and its beautiful randomness.



Then he proposed soonafter :)

Up next... Wildseed Farms! They had free wine tasting Fri, Sat, and Sun. The service was very friendly and refreshing. Two thumbs up! It was a bit cloudy, and it started to sprinkle towards the end of our time there.


I really like the picture below. The items hanging from the walls remind me of my mother because she liked very brightly colored things :)

This is where we walked around, simply enjoyed the setting, and basked in the beautiful weather. It was a nice break from the high 90's it's been lately. 
 There was a little girl who wanted to take a furry caterpillar home :) Too precious.

Leaving Wildseed Farms. Perfect timing for a picture, huh?

We also did a lot more in Fredericksurg this time around. We had a checklist! The reason for that is because on our previous trips to Fredericksburg, we just wing it, and later I'll find things we could have done. To prevent that, I did researching and discovered these fab finds!

Old German Bakery & Restaurant
... and I can't remember the rest. I'll post them if I do.

And then there were the not so great finds, but we'll be nice and not list those.

Everyone enjoy the rest of their weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day.

Go ahead... make my day.