Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

doodle origami

I have this problem..

Really, like it's a BIG problem...

When it's the weekend, I just can't bring myself to do much of anything that's productive.

On that note, I did accomplish something this morning. I made doodle origami! I highly doubt I'm the first to do this, but I got a sheet of my origami paper and cut them in fourths, measuring approximately 3.5 inches each. I tried doodling on all four, but I guess I'm not a very good doodler, as I only liked the way two turned out.



Here's how they started out. The circles took a lot longer, but I actually really enjoyed it. It took my mind off everything, and it was quite relaxing. I like the overall effect of both of them. :) If you're bored, you're more than welcome to count the circles!!

These flapping birds are definitely ready for their close-up.


Top view


Oh... and I didn't use any particular website's instructions. I learned how to make these flapping birds years ago from a book that was given to me as a gift, but unfortunately, I can't seem to remember the title. They are basic and good for beginners, I've made these with the after school kiddos.

Feel free to think of names for these guys!

I've also been doing a bit of this...

Drinking my coffee and reading Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. I like to read the book before I see the movie (eep!), although I know the movie will be quirkier and darker than the book, but I just wanted to read it, as I haven't seen the Disney film in years. :)
*Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day.

Go ahead... make my day.